A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Manager, Shopper Marketing The Opportunity:
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Shopper Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and leading the execution of retailer specific events that drives a shopper’s preference for Maple Leaf Brands. Leveraging shopper insights, this role leads the development of an overall strategy that impacts the retailer’s shopper along the path to purchase. Key deliverables include: annual strategy creation, engagement with sales, and marketing teams, participation in development of retailer specific events or customization of Maple Leaf scale events, conversion of insights into relevant shopper programs, budget management, and promotional evaluation. A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Creation of a shopper marketing strategy, including continuous reviews of programs executed, leading to recommendations of how to optimize events.
- Leads all elements of event execution including innovation and scale events (briefing, agency selection, execution, evaluation). Works with cross functional teams to ensure that Maple Leaf category positioning and branding is expressed within unique retailer events or events generated by the retailer.
- Incorporates generic or retailer specific insights into developing events that will help solve a shopper problem.
- As necessary, works with the marketing team to develop winning merchandising solutions for existing items or innovation. May include signage or unique display design.
- Requests and manages annual budget to deliver volume and impact in store.
- Builds a strong relationship with retailer’s marketing team and ensures that Maple Leaf is a lead candidate in any retailer specific marketing opportunities. Has deep knowledge of retailer strategies and the role that categories play in the delivery of the strategy.
- Liaises with Maple Leaf Category marketing team to ensure clear understanding of positioning and overall brand strategy.
- Contributes to retailer led JBP or annual planning process, ensuring category opportunities are realized.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3+ years in Shopper Marketing
- Post secondary education
- Ability to develop and create in store marketing materials
- Understanding of sales and retailer strategy
- Exposure to research and proficient use of analytic tools, to translate data into insights
- Must be able to manage in a complex environment
- Strong project, time management
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships at multiple levels -internally and externally
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.