City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We’re currently seeking a ServiceNow Solution Architect to join the Service Management Technologies team at Shaw. The ServiceNow Solution Architect plays a key role in the designing and planning of ServiceNow implementation projects and deliveries as well as providing guidance around how changes to the platform impact maintainability and upgradability. They have a critical voice in how features should be implemented to meet business requirements. They are responsible for knowing the available platform features (current and future) and can find opportunities to use "out of the box" options to meet business requirements where possible. They should provide guidance that leans towards configuration over customization. The individual must also be able to provide wholesome solutions that work alongside the ServiceNow platform vendor roadmap but can also marry internal legacy systems where needed.
A typical day
• Oversees technical Agile development activities for a Product and leads the development of key mechanisms that support Agile Delivery; Assists Portfolio Management in planning and managing capacity.
• Provides technical architectural guidance, development practices, and processes to other team members, helping them achieve technical excellence and remove obstacles to delivery.
• Collaborates with other members of the architecture team and other project team members to validate solution architectures, technical designs, system deployments and supports documentation covering all architecture, design and operational aspects (e.g., integration, reporting & analytics, security and regulatory compliance, infrastructure and platform, support and maintenance etc.).
• Facilitates estimation of cost and effort of work items.
• Ensures key technical data and observations feed into portfolio management in a timely fashion.
• Keeps team honest during team stand-ups and meetings (estimating and planning, iteration startup and closedown, daily standup, retrospectives, etc).
• Ensures that the delivery team commits to achievable and realistic goals and includes the entire team in the estimation and planning process to obtain diverse perspectives where possible
• 3+ years of experience in an architectural role with an organization of at least 500 employees
• Experience in Telecommunications industry,
• Must have extensive knowledge of ServiceNow's current product offering and future roadmap
• Excellent organizational, planning, and self-motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure while maintaining high standards of excellence and attention to detail. No issues to work with limited direction and exercise sound independent judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to create technology roadmaps with clear alignment to business strategies
• Excellent innovator that can find new and adaptive ways of operating
• Working knowledge of SDLC and familiarity with development concepts such as: continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and release management, DevOps, Agile deliveries
• Mentors and set technical staff up for success.
• Can achieve simplicity in design, squarely focused on value proposition.
• Collaborates with the business, other Architects, and the delivery team to iteratively design end-to-end solutions.
• Collaboratively defines key technical mechanisms with the delivery team through Agile modeling.
• Has knowledge of IT system architectural design principles to architect solutions based on an iterative approach.
• Can manage and resolve conflicts amongst team members during technical decision-making sessions.
• Provide technical thought leadership while working closely with clients having both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw location and will not be required to relocate for this role. Remote work is an option.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated