City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5V2T3
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182327
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Service Management Technology team is the team responsible for managing the Enterprise ServiceNow platform within Scotiabank. The team is comprised of System administrators, Business analysts, Quality assurance analysts, developers, Solution Architects to maintain the platform, and it applications as well as rollout new capabilities on the platform.
The incumbent is responsible for the data design and management of Scotia ServiceNow platform foundational data. Working with ServiceNow (vendor), management and platform stakeholders to ensure that data is sourced, defined and managed to meet regulatory standards, protect Scotiabank’s assets, and operates efficiently within the platform’s intended architecture to enable the implementation of regulatory governance requirements. Initially, the incumbent will define the work needed to remediate and complete platform foundational data. Ultimately, the incumbent will also be responsible for the oversight and governance of data related decisions, including access, consumption by other applications, as well as the creation and maintenance and operationalization of Platform data architecture artifacts and governance standards (Ex: Data retention, data access, data security etc.)
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
• Accountable for setting standards, taxonomy, naming conventions, defining & engaging data stewards for Scotia ServiceNow foundational data.
• Creation and Maintenance of Data retention policy.
• Creation of Data Access Standard and Procedures across all instances.
• Responsible for the management of data related requests, for ServiceNow foundational data, ensuring completeness and correctness of data and data relationships.
• Responsible for designing, documenting, and managing IT business processes associated with Platform foundational data management.
• Responsible for the coordination and assist with the execution of data governance and control requests related to enterprise governance and Audit.
• Responsible for the coordination between various owners of Platform foundational data areas in terms of data integrity and relationship management.
• Assist DevOps and UAT teams in the development of test data
• Design, development, and regular generation of reports to communicate and monitor compliance.
• Analysis of exception data to identify potential accuracy issues, investigation of and reporting on issues and remediation options.
• Control gap analysis to identify root causes of incorrect data as well as relationships and recommend remedial actions.
• Assist in identifying and defining needed enhancements in foundational data as well as new categories that would add value to the platform capabilities.
• Reconcile Foundational data and assist in conducting configuration audits.
What You Will Bring to Succeed:
- 3+ years of ServiceNow architecture experience.
- Excellent knowledge of CSDM 3.0 and/or 4.0.
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts.
- 5+ years of experience in data governance.
- A very good understanding of data lineage concepts and data governance tools.
- A very good knowledge of orchestration, SAM and HAM tools.
- Well versed with the ServiceNow integration Hub
- Strong analytical and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Strong data mining experience & strong knowledge of relational database concepts.
- ITIL Foundational certificate is a plus.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.