City : Montreal, QC, CA; Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Canadians count on Rogers to keep them in touch with those who matter most to them - whether at their desk, on the couch, or on the go. As one of Canada's telecommunications leaders, we keep everyone informed, connected, and entertained, with our exciting array of products and services. Our drive to provide the latest and most innovative products ensures that our customers enjoy unmatched convenience, reliability, and flexibility. Rogers continues to set the pace by investing in our networks, platforms, products, and people. Are you ready for a high-energy career that feeds your enthusiasm? Join us now.
Rogers Operations Voice and Data team is accountable to support Internet, voice and data services. As a Service Specialist, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams across network to plan for and maintain a cost effective, high performing, highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure. This position is a unique opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment within a large organization.
As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and support in the development of IP solutions and security design in Telco data center and cloud environment.
- Create MOPs and network diagrams for service introduction, application virtualization & integration, and network upgrade.
- Provide operational support for virtual infra and data/voice services related issues: Identify, diagnoses and resolve network problems.
- Identify opportunity and innovative approaches to continuously improve network performance and resiliency.
- Take courses of action and coordinate with other SMEs to resolve any production issue.
- Participate and contribute to the development of the 1–3-year network roadmap and evolution.
What you have:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent
- Skilled with a variety of operating systems, including Linux systems
- Demonstrated experience in SDN/NFV virtualization architecture for cloud data center design
- Experience should also include the foundations for cloud-based infrastructure (Compute, VMware NSX & Networking), software orchestration & automation
- Proficient and hands on experience in technologies like OSPF/ISIS, MP-BGP, MPLS, L2VPN (VPLS, EVPN), L3VPN, Multicast, IPv6, IPSec would be an asset
- Proven hands-on experience on Server infrastructure and network devices
- Strong Unix/Linux skills and the ability to work with scripts in Python, Perl, Shell. Daily activities will involve applying networking knowledge to SDN and Network Automation tools
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- Ability to work with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Effective communicator with fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated individual, build and maintain strong relationship with other stakeholder teams to coordinate and collaborate on solutioning and project delivery with sense of urgency
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 285423
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology