Senior Wireless Network Engineer
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Information Technologies
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is looking to hire a Senior Wireless Network Engineer to join its Network Services team comprised of a globally distributed, highly skilled team of IT network architects, and engineers. The team are responsible for a dynamic, and rapidly growing global network comprised of over 1200 connected offices, over 17 data centres, and used by over 65,000 employees.
The primary goal of the Senior Wireless Network Engineer will be to continuously evaluate, optimise, and improve the performance of WSPs wireless network service within its campus/branch locations.
Qualified candidates must have recent experience working within large enterprise networks that operate large scale wireless deployments for branch/campus locations of all sizes. The candidate must have a proven background in branch/campus wireless operations, optimisation, and incident resolution.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provide guidance and level 4 technical escalation support for wireless incidents as required
- Governance of the actions and activities being performed within the network operations layer as it relates to wireless network incident/problem/change/request fulfilment
- Work with 3rd party wireless site survey providers in understanding survey data, their analysis/recommendations.
- In coordination with WSPs lead wireless architect formulate implementation plans to help address any gaps/issues being identified as part of wireless survey activities
- Work with 3rd party wireless vendors to understand key findings and recommendations arising from audit activities.
- In collaboration with WSP lead wireless architect seek to improve the use of the Cisco DNA platform for wireless assurance and implementation
- Auditing existing wireless deployments and the surrounding infrastructure components with which the wireless deployments interact
- Implementing corrective actions and improvement initiatives arising from audit activities
- Constantly seeking to identify ways to optimise and improve WSPs wireless deployments
- Logical implementation of wireless project changes or changes to the production environment
- Analysis of monitoring data and alerts being extracted from WSPs wireless deployments
- Reviewing the current and future capacity requirements of WSPs wireless networks
- Providing governance, direction, and support with regards to wireless deployments and incident management
- Proving remote operational support for wireless incidents
- Engaging in the problem management process
- Management and maintenance of WSP network management platforms with specific focus on wireless management
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 8-10 years relevant and practical experience in network engineering and operations with a specific focus on wireless networking
- Recent experience working within large enterprise networks that operate large scale wireless deployments for branch/campus locations of all sizes.
- A proven background in branch/campus wireless operations, optimisation, and incident resolution
- Experience with Ekahau products in the creation and troubleshooting of wireless designs
- Experience with wireless RF designs, RF propagation modelling, and site surveys with tools such as Ekahau
- Experience with troubleshooting wireless networks, interference analysis, and RF optimization
- Sound foundational knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and AAA
- Experience in managing, implementing, and troubleshooting large complex networks that encompass: Cisco Aironet Wireless, C isco Meraki Wireless, Aruba Wireless, Cisco Identify Services Engine, Cisco DNA
- Experience in Network Automation and DevOps practices is highly desirable
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL Service management practices
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently with low-level supervision and in a global team distributed geographically
- Strong organization skills (set priorities, meets deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects) and excellent documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to identified problems
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, designing, delivering, and demonstrating compliance with information security requirements
- Knowledge and experience in performing information security practices in the management and delivery of infrastructure and operations