City : MONTREAL, CANADA
Category : Full Time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Laurentian Bank
Seeing beyond numbersº
At Laurentian Bank, we believe we can change banking for the better. Founded in Montreal in 1846, Laurentian Bank helps families, businesses and communities thrive. Today, we have over 3,000 employees working together as One Team, to provide a broad range of financial services and advice-based solutions for customers across Canada and the United States. We drive results by placing our customers first, making the better choice, acting courageously, and believing everyone belongs.
This role sits within Laurentian Bank.
The senior underwriter will assist the Senior Manager in the risk management of the financing portfolio. Within the Commercial Banking Group, the candidate will be required to assimilate the knowledge necessary to understand, prepare and write commercial credit files.
With input into business model analysis, financial analysis, risk analysis and collateral evaluation. The senior underwriter will act as a key resource to the Account Manager, Business Development and the Assistant Vice President.
- Input client financial statements and financial projections into the risk rating tool.
- Perform financial analysis from the financial statements and projections, perform sensitivity analysis and make comparisons with industry standards for the sector.
- Identify and analyze risks associated with the client's business.
- Complete underwriting of new transactions, annual file reviews and amendments within prescribed time frames.
- Follow up on client portfolio irregularities and collateralization in accordance with credit authorization requirements.
- Participate in meetings or conference calls with clients.
- Be involved in integrity and compliance processes (code of conduct, internal policies).
- Performs work according to specific practices, policies and objectives while complying with applicable legislation, Bank policies, programs and procedures.
University education in an appropriate field, Finance or Accounting and other related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interest in Finance and good analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and meticulousness.
- Ability to produce quality written correspondence.
- Sense of collaboration and proactive spirit
- Good resourcefulness and ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple files/projects simultaneously.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English an asset).
- Knowledge of the Office suite.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment that reflects the diversity of our customers and our communities. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request for job applicants taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of establishing an employment relationship with you.