Senior Tunnel Engineer
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Tunnel Engineer - ( 230003EQ )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists have come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Our team provides a new path towards water sustainability with solutions that allow for the reuse and conservation of this precious resource. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we make sure the appropriate quality and quantity of water is where it should be and available when it’s needed. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Apply today H2O+U .
Stantec is looking for a Senior Tunnel Engineer to join our Water Team and take on a dynamic role of designing technically challenging storm and sanitary conveyance trenchless and tunneling projects for clients. The role will involve managing multiple tasks and deadlines and working with multi-disciplinary teams across multiple offices. The candidate will be working independently on projects and providing support to a team of professionals on larger projects. Our group is involved in a wide range of sewer and watermain projects of both large and small diameter systems including open cut construction, rehabilitation, relining, and trenchless and tunneling design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership on a variety of tunnel projects including tunnelling in soil and bedrock, smaller diameter and scale tunnelling (microtunneling, horizontal auger boring) and larger diameter and scale tunnelling (EPB TBM, Rock TBM).
- Provide guidance to junior and intermediate professionals and supporting team members for collective project deliverables and to develop skills.
- Manage tasks with responsibility for technical quality, risk management and client relations during project execution.
- Lead and/or assist with major proposal development and develop appropriate fee estimates.
- Understands and implements industry standards and manuals as well as client and regulatory agencies standards and requirements.
- Lead and/or assist in feasibility assessments, preliminary and detailed design for tunnel and trenchless design of linear water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and lead preparation of engineering calculations, tender documents, drawings and construction cost estimates.
- Preparation of Technical Memorandums and Reports.
- Coordinate with construction activities, providing guidance and clarification of the design during construction.
- Take responsibility in managing project deliverables and schedule with the project manager.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a consulting environment involved in the design of civil infrastructure projects including tunnel and trenchless design/installation of sewers and watermains.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing). The ability to communicate technical and non-technical information in meetings and workshops with owners, contractors, and other stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University. Master’s Degree in Civil, Geological/Geotechnical, is preferred.
- Certified or working towards P.Eng License.
Typical office environment, working with computers and drawings for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to hazards including construction, weather, and industrial operations that may be experienced at water and/or wastewater related facilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 23, 2023, 10:44:34 AM
Req ID: 230003EQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans