Senior Transmission Line Designer
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Transmission Line Designer - ( 230004Y0 )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or designing challenging crossing spans over glaciers, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our transmission line engineering group has an opportunity for a Senior Transmission Line Designer for our office at Burnaby (British Columbia. Hybrid work model to work from home is possible. This opportunity is available to senior technologist or technician with minimum 10 years of experience in transmission line industry. You will work on several power line projects with a team of talented transmission line drafters, designers, and engineers, in a dynamic, vibrant, and collaborative team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Job requirement will include engineering and design services of power transmission line projects from conceptual design through construction.
- You will apply superior drafting skills in AutoCAD or MicroStation following industry codes and client standards for transmission line projects.
- You will use GIS mapping software to support and carry out transmission line routing studies.
- You will utilize PLS-CADD regularly for transmission line modeling, profiling, tower spotting and design calculations and checks, reports and drawings including plan & profile drawings, structure data sheets, bill of materials and stringing charts.
- You will prepare engineering and design deliverables for transmission lines including line layouts, ROW maps, structure and foundation drawings, and hardware drawings.
- You will coordinate project requirements and technical discussions related to drafting and mapping with internal and external project team, and clients.
- You will act as peer and independent reviewer for the design and drafting work deliverables prepared by other team members.
- You will provide technical mentorship and coaching to junior drafters and designers.
- You will be populating material quantity and BOM and MTO for transmission lines materials.
- You will participate in site visits and field reviews as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with PLS-CADD, and PLS-POLE.
- Knowledge of Canadian utility design and drafting standards and work practices, preferably BC Hydro.
- Experience with route selection and studies for overhead transmission lines.
- Experience developing design drawings for variety of transmission structure and foundation types.
- Experience designing and detailing steel lattice towers for transmission lines.
- Knowledge of transmission line materials (structures, conductor, OPGW, insulators, hardware accessories and fittings).
- Sound understanding of project management systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Strong Time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate project issues with the project team and clients.
- Strong Organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Education and Experience
- Electrical, Civil or Structural Technician /Technologist from a recognized college/ university.
- Minimum 10 years of transmission line design and drafting experience within utilities, EPC or consulting organizations.
- Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $81,200 - $117,800 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1182 Energy-CA West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 8, 2023, 2:36:48 PM
Req ID: 230004Y0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans