Senior Tools Engineer – Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
As a Senior Tools Engineer at The Coalition, you will be a highly valued member of a world class Engine and Game Development team. We develop using the Unreal Engine (UE5) which means we program in C++ as our major language.
- Design, implement and support the content pipeline and tools for AAA Next Generation games, mainly focused on in-editor tools and workflows for the Unreal Engine.
- Work closely with various disciplines, including artists, designers and other engineers, to gather requirements, deliver and iterate on features for our customers.
- Work side by side with various stakeholders to create, enhance, and troubleshoot content workflows and tools.
- Help monitor, identify and troubleshoot issues and inefficiencies to increase the overall effectiveness of the development team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline AND 4+ years technical engineering experience with coding in C++ OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in C++, game development, or similar 3D media.
- Experience developing GUI based applications and custom workflows for content creators.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills to facilitate working closely with other engineers, artists and designers.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.