Senior Technology – BA/QA
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Global Credit Technology team is working on a multi-year project to modernize our applications and build new capabilities for our Corporate Banking and Global Credit business partners. In this role you would be responsible for supporting the project by working together with your business and IT colleagues to create technical requirements, as well as developing, executing, and reporting on test cases for ongoing development.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work closely our business partners, their business analysts, and the development team to translate business requirements into technical requirements for developers.
- Collaborate with developers to provide technical solutions to often complex business requirements.
- Develop test cases that provide end to end testing for enhancements, including any back-end changes.
- Provide Quality Assurance by executing end to end test cases, and working with the developers to resolve any issues, as well as providing reporting to management for oversight of overall testing status.
- Provide testing estimates to management as part of the overall planning for upcoming sprints.
- Create and maintain JIRAS in a standardized format so that user stories and technical requirements are easy to understand and work against.
- Participate in meetings, including weekly scrum stand ups to identify impediments to development and testing.
- Contribute to ongoing administrative program activities as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of strong Business and Data analysis experience using SQL, MS Excel with a strong analytical background.
- Strong IT Quality Assurance skills, including the creation of reports for senior management oversight.
- Experience developing functional requirements and test cases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a large financial services company.
- Experience with creating execution plans for complex changes.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and provide solutions to complex challenges.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.