Senior Technical Solutions Expert | Capital Markets
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190063
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets Engineering (GBME) is the fast-moving, award-winning technology engine that powers Scotiabank’s Corporate, Investment Banking, and Capital Markets businesses.
GBME’s Project Excellence Team is searching for Senior Technical Solutions Expert to liaison between business stakeholders, internal engineering and architect teams, ensuring solutions are developed and delivered on time, and with high quality for various projects within GBME.
The successful candidate will have a results-oriented and curious mindset with strong technical skills. You will work closely with cross functional teams, including engineers, solutions architects, and business teams to develop and implement market leading solutions that are scalable, deliver excellence, and add value to our business partners and customers.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Work with cross functional teams in the planning, definition of scope, and solutioning of technical requirements.
- Align and present requirements to product functionality, offering best practice, and scalable solutions.
- Recommend effective solutions for business and technology objectives.
- Conduct thorough testing of technology solutions.
- Demonstrate an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Develop and deliver Business Requirements Documents, Design Documents, Use Cases, and Process Models as required.
- Work closely across GBME technology teams during all stages of the system development life cycle and bridge the gap between business and technology sides of the solution.
- Liaising between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions that meet user needs.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues in Global regions.
- Perform ad hoc project work on various GBME projects.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 5+ years practical experience in capital markets.
- 5+ years experience working with a variety of databases such as SQL Server, with ability to create and run queries independently.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and standards, with a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and deliver working results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams – ability to communicate effectively depending on the audience.
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Hands on experience with the software development lifecycle, leading technical specification discussions with developers as well as SIT/UAT testing efforts
- Strong working knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and regulations
- Experience working on projects in either front, middle or back-office systems
- Thorough understanding of the full Trade Life Cycle
- A recognized undergraduate degree or diploma in business administration, computer science or related field required
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one. .
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.