Senior Technical Project Lead (Technical Navigator)
City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1H3G2
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 143679
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
Canadian Data Platform (CDP) is a diverse team that manages numerous data flows within Scotiabank. We specialize in the transfer and ETL transformation of data for many key systems within the bank.
We are looking for an energetic and results-driven Senior Project Lead/Technical Navigator. The role acts as the link between the business and the technical teams across the Bank to make sure that the project teams deliver quality solutions that are optimized, secure, highly scalable, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus. Balancing the business needs versus technical constraints while keeping customer satisfaction as a top priority.
Is this role right for you?
- Show proven ability to deliver projects using Agile methodologies and lean approach techniques.
- Communicate proactively with all stakeholders to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions. and implement efficiency improvements.
- Establish priorities, standards, and strategies consistent with technology roadmap, business goals and economic viability.
- Work with project sponsor to help understand infrastructure needs, and technical constraints to establish the scope of the project and define and deliver complex features.
- Understand business requirements and translating them into technical guidelines for development.
- Lead Data Delivery initiatives and manage diverse projects by providing guidance to development teams around intricacies and complexities of zero-based development.
- Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies.
- Coach for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across groups to help create an agile culture in the team.
- Lead pilot projects for the development of new applications
- Coach teams to re-build or build from scratch applications for infrastructure based on latest technology.
- Meet product owners, project sponsors, project stakeholders on a regular basis and help technical teams to identify, define, and specify solutions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- A solid CS foundation including experience in a software engineering and development role, experience with scalability issues and multi-tiered integration solutions
- Passionate about technology, maintains superior knowledge of emerging industry trends across multiple disciplines
- Thinks outside of the box and able to lead the teams to innovate
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization.
- Knowledge of ETL technologies – nice to have
- Good knowledge of retail banking products and services – nice to have
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.