Senior Technical Lead (Abode Experience Manger)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175996
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As one of Scotiabank’s key support functions, Information Technology and Solutions (IT&S) provides global technology solutions and systems support to each of Scotiabank’s core businesses. By adhering to Scotiabank’s values of respect, integrity, commitment, insight and spirit, IT&S is committed to designing, developing, delivering and maintaining innovative solutions that meet the business needs of the bank.
As an I.T. Associate, you will be assigned to a group within IT&S and work as part of a team on project initiatives to deliver improved or redesigned applications and support for a business unit.
Opportunities exist in the field of Development for the role of Programmer Analyst. In this position, you will be working with a project team to successfully deliver projects, requirements and problem resolution into Scotiabank’s production system environment. The role will focus on a new client content management system and migrating existing sites to the new system as well as general Java development work. The role will provide the opportunity to work within the bank’s agile environment by participating in daily stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint reviews. As a member of a delivery team, you will assist in the detailed design and code development phases in order to meet the client needs/timelines and to support IT&S partners and will develop front and backend components according to design.
Is this role right for you?
- Participate in meetings regarding user requirements and design throughout the development phase of the project
- Full stack developer
- Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications and scripts in collaboration with quality assurance
- Participates in the installation, configuration and maintaining of servers specific to application software
- Evaluate existing and new applications and upcoming technologies to meet user requirements
- Maintain, support and enhance existing applications
- Analyze existing or proposed projects to determine their feasibility and time estimates required
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, applications, scripts and servers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- AEM [Abode Experience Manger] 6.3 or higher
- Proficiency in Java EE (i.e. JSP/Servlets, JSTL, Expression Language, JAX-RS, JAXB, JAX-WS)
- Proficiency using Java frameworks (e.g. Struts, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate) and design patterns
- Experience using Oracle Database (i.e. SQL, PL/SQL)
- Proficiency using build automation tools like Apache Maven
- Proficiency with cURL, Groovy, and UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- Experience with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform / MQ and Eclipse
- Experience building API services
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.