Senior Technical Director – Major Projects
City : Kelowna
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Technical Director – Major Projects - ( 23000154 )
Come join our Transportation Major Projects Team and work alongside others who share your passion to support communities through exciting and unique major projects.
Working within the context of the Clients and Communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and construction support services on a variety of projects. Join our team and help us build a better future.
Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Technical Director – Major Projects who is a team player with prior experience in delivery of major and complex capital infrastructure projects with extensive internal and external stakeholder management, strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities and is interested in serving our top clients in delivering significant high-profile projects. The opportunity is managing a team for the successful delivery of projects through all phases of project delivery (initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out). This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
Working with key government clients:
- Facilitate the successful delivery of major projects for our clients, as the client Senior Technical Director, to meet the project scope, schedule, and budget, and to build and maintain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders on major projects.
- Provide leadership and expertise to facilitate effective project workshops (risk management, change management, scope definition, cost management, options analysis, procurement, technical steering committee requirements, etc.).
- Follow and implement Client project and program management requirements for the project while looking for opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on behalf of the Client using established stakeholder engagement processes
- Act as the Client Representative with the Client’s interests in mind with a strong level of ownership of project tasks and objectives
- Travel as well as working from Clients’ and Stantec offices will be required from time to time.
Working with Project Teams:
- Execute project delivery through initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out activities and other PM tasks.
- Develop, track, maintain and update project cost reports, develop and update project schedules, procurement and maintain document management systems through all phases of the project.
- Review invoices, change orders, and management of payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Coordinate project team activities and interact effectively with Clients, Contractors, Engineers, Project Managers, and other consultants.
- Coordinate and participate in technical proposal writing and other business development activities.
- Oversee preparation and distribution of high quality, accurate and timely documents such as: agendas, status reports, minutes, communication logs, change management, and other required documentation.
- Perform contract administration, coordination, and development as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Emotional intelligence to work with a broad range of different types of people, including, technical experts, government officials, legal counsels, Indigenous groups, public stakeholders, and other project partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an aptitude for value-based leadership and people management.
- Strong leadership abilities to lead multidisciplinary teams on complex projects on time sensitive and projects of varying sizes with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and priorities concurrently.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, time-management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, technical writing, presentation, and other software including MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Primavera P6, @Risk.
- Ability to effectively discuss and make presentations related to project plans, milestone updates, and technical issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients.
- Understanding and interest in local Indigenous rights, and the duty to consult.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
Education and Experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field or discipline. P.Eng. and PMP credentials considered an asset.
- Strong recent experience and track record in delivery of major highways, roads and bridge, overpass, and underpass infrastructure projects.
- Strong recent experience working on major projects, served in a senior technical capacity, and provided leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams
- Skills and experience particularly suited to anticipating, identifying, and managing unique issues, risks and considerations related to major project delivery.
- Strong recent experience managing complex stakeholders.
- Strong experience and understanding of traditional and alternative procurement models.
- In-depth experience with constructability issues and up to date knowledge of the construction market.
- Available to provide the Services until the end of the Contract term, including in-person attendance at weekly meetings.
- Ability to become fully conversant with the projects at an accelerated pace and function as a technical lead for Stantec’s scope items.
- 15 to 20 years’ previous experience working as a Senior Project Manager, Project Director, Design Manager and / or Technical Director.
Typical office environment working with computers and field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 9, 2023, 3:59:43 PM
Req ID: 23000154
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans