Senior Tax Analyst, Income Tax
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Income Tax, the Senior Tax Analyst will assist in matters relating to tax compliance, tax provision, and special projects with the overall goal of effectively managing the income tax function within the organization. The successful candidate must possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and together with the tax team in a complex environment with a confident, hands-on approach.
Who Are You:
You Also Have:
● Bachelor’s Degree and working towards an accounting designation such as CPA.
● 3+years direct income tax experience, preferably with a large accounting firm or industry.
● Working towards a CPA In-Depth income tax course or MTAX program.
● Strong accounting and tax research skills.
● Strong Excel-based skills and ERP system experience is a plus.
As The Senior Tax Analyst, Income Tax, you will:
What You Can Expect:
● A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future-forward.
● A People-Focused Culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do.
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want.
● A competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and more.
● An agile work environment that facilitates our collaborative work culture.
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations.
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.