Senior Tax Analyst – Commodity Tax
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : Temporary/Contract
Industry : Recruitment/Staffing
Employer : The Adecco Group
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Shifts: Monday to Friday | 40 hours / week
- Job type: Full-time | Long-Term contract
- Free access to our Aspire Academy for continuing professional education
- Hires fast, pays weekly
- Vacation pay paid out on each weekly pay cheque
- Medical and dental benefits once qualified
- Free training programs
- Prepare, file, and pay assigned Commodity Tax Returns: analyze returns, code and reconcile appropriate accounts, maintain records and documentation, and manage internal and external inquiries and audit requests
- Review of commodity tax returns prepared by other team members
- Mentor commodity tax team members in all aspects of commodity tax compliance
- Review and analyze internal systems, processes, records, and accounts to ensure compliance and effectiveness, recover over-payments, and reduce assessment risks
- Review of customer tax set-up and ensure exemption documentation for fuel and sales tax is appropriately managed
- Monitor legislative changes and relevant legal decisions and communicate impact to business units and senior management
- Monitor all business activities for relevant changes including acquisitions, dispositions and status changes that can affect Commodity tax liabilities
- Review contracts and provide commodity tax input to the contracts team
- Assist with all internal and external compliance, communication, and reporting requirements including SOX compliance, Joint Venture audit queries, Business Continuity Plans, and Risk Management reporting
- Prepare and defend commodity tax filing positions for audit by various government authorities
- Act as the SME for Canadian Commodity taxes
The ideal candidate should meet the following qualifications and possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation.
- Completion of In-Depth GST Courses (Desirable).
- Over 5 years of industry experience in Canadian commodity taxes.
- Desirable experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency in GST, Fuel Tax, PST, and/or Carbon tax legislation, with the ability to read, interpret, and apply.
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities, including Macros, Pivot Tables, and working with large volumes of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as other Data Visualization software.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of SAP, including running GL details, financial information, and asset and plant maintenance data.
- Must be legally eligible to work and reside in Canada
Lacking the skills for this job? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Click this link https://qrco.de/bdiseH to learn about the Aspire Academy and start your free upskilling journey today.
To find out more about Adecco Perks and how it can benefit you as an associate visit our page here: https://www.adecco.ca/en-ca/working-with-a-staffing-agency/adecco-perks/