Senior Talent Specialist
City : Saint John
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Senior Talent Specialist
The Transportation and Logistics division of J.D. Irving, Ltd. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future with our new Digital Strategy. Our businesses are diverse and exciting, and our quality products and services meet and often exceed our customer expectations because we believe in continuous improvement and innovation. We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking an enthusiastic human resources professional located in Saint John, N.B to work as part of our Divisional Human Resources Team.
The Senior Talent Specialist is a passionate advocate for employees who works across our divisional businesses conducting full-cycle recruitment and employment branding to source highly talented people and a maintain a steady commitment to help them find career success in the company.
This position is based in Saint John, NB and reports to the Divisional Director of Human Resources.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans.
- Lead Transportation & Logistics employment branding initiatives
- Support a highly engaged and positive candidate experience.
- Oversight of a leadership development program, which includes recruitment, selection and mentorship.
- Act as the Human Resources Business Partner for the divisional staff – including all Human Resources-related functions.
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs.
- Report, track and identify areas of improvement regarding talent management.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree is required, concentration in Human Resources would be considered a strong asset.
- Proven experience in talent management / acquisition including full-cycle recruitment, sourcing, selection, and employment branding.
- Previous HR Generalist experience considered an asset.
- Experience managing candidates using an ATS.
- Understand the duties and competencies of a variety roles across disciplines and at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communicator and well-organized approach to managing work