As an Enterprise Integration Services team member, the Senior Systems Integrator Technology Services (Enterprise Integration lead) will provide direction, leadership and guidance to a team responsible for delivery and management enterprise integrations.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and co-ordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Leads, facilitates and contributes to the design, creation, development and sustainment of corporate standards for the division, including formalized project management and methodology, data warehousing architecture, data modeling, metadata, change management, and application development and migration.
- Responsible to senior management within the division, business and technical stakeholders for all aspects of assigned projects, including the project charter, project plan and schedule, progress, budget, risk management, issue management, change management, resource management, quality review/best practices.
- Provides project budget and financial management such as sole source requests; contract negotiations; leasing agreements; business cases; feasibility and cost/benefit analysis.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of various formal contractual documents such as Request For Information/Proposal/Quotation (RFI/P/Q), Statement Of Work (SOW), Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Provides leadership in the evaluation, selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services; manages vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Identifies and develops divisional/cross-divisional initiatives to produce synergies and economies of scale.
- Negotiates with senior management, clients and various stakeholders often with competing and conflicting goals, objectives and priorities.
- Provides assessments and recommendations of new technology trends on the effective use, acquisition and integration of technology by the City.
- Identifies and analyzes current business processes and practices in the context of evolving information architecture and performance measures; prepares feasibility study and recommends overall technical solutions for business initiatives and leverage existing enterprise infrastructure investments.
- Recommends and implements security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with both the Municipal Freedom of Information Privacy and Protection Act (MFIPPA), and corporate and legislated standards regarding the storage, processing and retention of confidential data.
- Recommends, establishes, and sustains various project management structures that span one or more levels of government such as the Provincial Offence Act and Social Housing downloading initiatives.
- Assesses and recommends scalable multi-jurisdictional business and technical solutions that meet client and business requirements in the context of corporate standards, policies and procedures for information technologies and architectures. This includes determining requirements, conducting research and evaluations and obtaining all approvals and signoffs.
- Informs and educates senior managers, business users and technology peers on technology trends, and the effective use of business and technology solutions and information management.
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator Technology Services (Enterprise Integration lead) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Extensive experience on large-scale information technology systems, including in all stages of large-scale system development life cycle, rapid application development methodology, enterprise architecture planning approach and in process review facilitation.
- Extensive experience leading REST API micro-services based integrations, including using Sprint Boot and container technologies.
- Considerable experience in Scrum and other agile software development methods
- Considerable experience leading teams through product/component release cycles.
You must also have:
- Effective teamwork, facilitation, communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills including incident management in projects, assignments and service agreements
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an aptitude to work independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Ability to be on call for support of production systems, as required
- Knowledge implementing and supporting software products and/or reusable technical components that are integrated in business solutions, through modern integration technology using micro-service architecture using Message-queue technologies, including managing product/component release cycles.
- Ability to coach, train and/or provide work direction to team members and assessing outcomes