Senior System Administrator
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Systems Administration
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a star candidate to join the Media Technology team in the role of Senior Systems Administrator. In this role you will be part of an all-star team of multi-disciplinary subject matter experts that will plan, design, and oversee execution of technology initiatives to deliver on Rogers Sports & Media’s objectives. You will act as beacons of change and as thought leaders across the organization, accelerating our business through this transformational period and beyond.
This role will cover all aspects of network and compute, and is responsible for effective architecture, provisioning, configuration and deployment of IaaS, PaaS, and On-Prem infrastructure within the organization. This candidate has also participated in TOGAF technical initiatives that will help them enable continuing innovation and thoughtful design within the infrastructure. This candidate is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support the operation and infrastructure of an emerging Managed Service Provider and Internet Service Provider lines of business; responsibilities on these systems include architecture, administration, and provisioning along with research and development to ensure continual innovation within the business unit.
What you will do…
- Design and uphold the foundational elements of our infrastructure – in the areas of security, identity access management, compute, and storage – across both private and public cloud environments.
- Plan, design, and oversee the on-time, and on-budget implementation of strategic initiatives, ensuring there is consistency in execution as it relates to our Reference Architecture and Technology Roadmap.
- Provide expert input towards the evolution of the Reference Architecture and Technology Roadmap.
- Compile project scoping and budgeting to secure necessary funding of business initiatives.
- Actively participate in industry organizations and bring that knowledge to bear within Rogers Sports & Media.
- Participate in vendor RFIs/RFPs, including lab and proof of concept evaluations of new equipment, technologies, and vendors.
- Strive every day to cultivate a positive and collaborative culture that enhances the wellness of our team.
- Stay hungry for new knowledge and give back to peers and colleagues by sharing freely and openly in the areas in which you have subject matter expertise.
- Managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
What you will bring…
- Ability to learn and comprehend new technologies and concepts quickly
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud ecosystems and service frameworks
- A superior understanding of Windows Powershell and Windows Server (2016/2019/2022)
- In-depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DFS, DHCP, DNS (Infoblox), SCCM, WDS, WSUS, and other Microsoft Infrastructure and security services.
- Strong experience managing and administering virtualized technologies such as VMWare/VSphere 6.7 and 7.0, NSX-T, ESX, VSAN, Veeam.
- Superior knowledge in managing and maintaining database infrastructure and clusters (MS-SQL and PostgreSQL)
- Solid understanding and knowledge of systems and network security best practices
- Advanced knowledge administrating largescale Linux production environments, RHEL, Debian Servers
- Experience with IIS, Citrix NetScalar, NGINX load balancing technologies is considered an asset.
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members, help with the architecture, and build of various solutions.
- Superior organization skills and strong attention to detail are required.
- A willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences while working remote.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Systems Administration
Requisition ID: 284858
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media