Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Logistics
City : Halifax
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Specialist, Logistics.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. (ISI) encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. ISI is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post Secondary Degree in business administration, engineering or related disciplines required
- PMP designation an asset
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain environment
- 2+ years of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in project management
- Experience in shipbuilding or defence industry
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Product Delivery:
- Execution of all transactions in support of inventory management strategies
- Manage full scope of expediting, issue resolution and freight management
- Continuously support strategies and contingency plans that minimize risk
- Build relationships internally and externally with suppliers, vendors and customers
- Seek to enhance support to peer departments, customers and vendors
- Contributes to supplier performance reviews and to cost planning initiatives
- Develops key performance indicators and utilizes the data to enhance team and supplier; performance
- Ensures data integrity is maintained in all systems
- Leadership responsibility for scheduled and ad hoc reporting within team
- Plans for complex reporting requests; prepares information sharing presentations for team or customer meetings
- Leads a team of direct reports who specialize in one or more areas of Supply Chain workflow
- Provide leadership that ensures strong performance of group and alignment with ISI standards
- Develop and continuously improve the capacity and capability of the team
- Provides thought leadership around service delivery and data reporting
- Builds strong supplier relationships which may include daily communication
- Project Management:
- Warehouse expansion
- New warehouse space as and when required
- Inbound Logistics implementation for third party logistics
- AOPS process improvements
- CSC strategy and process implementation
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if eligible)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.