Senior Structural Engineer – Buildings
City : LONGUEUIL
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Structural Engineer - Buildings - ( 220001UB )
Our commitment to building sustainable communities is more important than ever and you could play a key role in our mission.
Are you an experienced engineer with a passion for designing large-scale building structure projects? Do you want to evolve and grow within a team of recognized experts who advocate quality of work, collaboration, and work/life balance?
Engage in the collective interest by joining our team of structural experts renowned for their innovative engineering and recipient of several prestigious awards. We play a concrete role in the community by participating in structural projects that improve the quality of life of citizens daily. Among other things, participate in Stantec projects in health, education and for the common good.
Be part of a major engineering firm with 22,000 employees working in more than 400 offices and ranking among the best employers in the world. Stantec in Quebec is a team of 1,500 people in 15 offices, who can count on strong and committed local leadership.
Your daily life at Stantec
Working from home and/or in one of our Montreal or Longueuil offices, you will collaborate with the project team, architects and clients in the realization of major building projects. You will design concrete, steel or wood structures and perform structural calculations required for the preparation of plans and specifications. In this fast-paced role, you will :
- Supervise the preparation of plans, specifications, estimates and other specifications;
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and CPIs;
- Perform structural and multi-disciplinary project work;
- Conduct structural building surveys and inspections;
- Write technical reports;
- Supervise the execution of structural work during the construction phase.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Relevant experience in the field of consulting engineering (important asset);
- Dynamic, proactive and focused on teamwork and collaboration;
- Bilingual (French and English).
We offer you :
- A variety of projects with structural challenges;
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hrs/week;
- Flexibility of schedule and work location;
- Reimbursement of annual OIQ fees;
- Competitive compensation, leave and vacation programs;
- Comprehensive and flexible group insurance plan;
- Employee welfare and assistance program;
- Retirement plans: RRSP, Share Ownership Plan, TFSA;
- Referral bonus for candidate referrals;
- Service Recognition Program (Stantec shares);
- Professional development program (mentoring, coaching, training);
- Corporate discounts; sports center, public transportation, cell phone, car, insurance, hotels, etc.
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Longueuil
Job : Structural Engineer
Organization : BC-1571 Buildings-CA Greater Montreal
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 13, 2022, 2:25:51 PM
Req ID: 220001UB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans