Senior Storage Administrator
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Senior Storage Administrator is accountable to participate and deliver in the planning of tactical and strategic storage and backup designs as well as providing the operational standards, storage & backup configurations and appropriate technical oversight to meet industry design best practice including storage technology infrastructure support.
Overall responsibility requires expert knowledge of the technical streams associated with disk, tape, and relevant systems management technologies. This also includes the restoration of service and assistance in identification of the root cause of any problems that may appear within the environment.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for managing and provisioning both on-prem and cloud storage services
- Provide support for on-prem storage system and AWS storage service, ensure each system is running at optimal status, remediate security vulnerabilities for each system.
- Participates in the planning, testing, evaluation and implementation of storage products and utilities
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Drives and champions the design, build and testing of new environments and modifications or enhancements to storage platforms for improved performance and availability
- Provides accurate sizing and costings for all net new projects, upgrades and system or platform enhancements
- Creates detailed design, build and operational documentation related to storage
- Conducts significant research with vendors related to storage products and options
- Participates in key departmental initiatives, including site recovery exercises
What do you need to succeed?
- Professional designations from SNIA, EMC, IBM or Brocade are desirable
- 7-10 years’ experience in storage related software and/or hardware support
- Strong experience with EMC Storage Systems like VMAX, XtremIO, Unity, Powerstore, ECS, Brocade SAN switches.
- Strong experience with EMC Replication technology like SRDF
- Strong experience with AWS Storage Services (AWS Backup, S3, FSx, EFS).
- Experience with several storage administrator management tools Dell EMC XMS, Dell EMC Unisphere and solution enabler, Connectrix SANnav.
- Experience with IBM Spectrum Protect Backup (Tivoli Storage Manager) tools or other backup software/appliance to backup Servers, Oracle DBs and VMware VMs is an asset
- Experience with monitoring and performance tuning of various storage systems
- Experience with capacity planning and storage allocation forecasting
- Strong Shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python, Ansible)
- Understanding of Windows, AIX, Solaris and Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding Project Management Life Cycles.
- Understanding of Problem Management, Change Management, Implementation Processes, Configuration and Release Management methodologies (ITIL)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Access to our Global Learning Centre, available 24/7 for your learning needs
- Joining a reputable organization with over 150 years of history
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:29/09/2023