SENIOR SPATIAL SPECIALIST (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Information & Technology
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 41065
Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Technology Services, Technology Services Delivery
Work Location: 18 Dyas Rd
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary Vacancy (16 months)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $53.05 - $58.15
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 25-Sep-2023 to 10-Oct-2023
- Coordinates, designs, develops, implements, configures, sustains, documents and reviews geospatial information systems.
- Provides day to day support of geospatial information initiatives including unit and integration testing, documentation, installation, support and archival of project environments.
- Undertakes quality reviews for geospatial solutions and information assets.
- Participates in design and evaluation sessions of spatial data structures and spatially enabled applications with objectives to promote integration with existing geospatial information assets and tools and to ensure adherence to standards.
- Assists business units in selecting and implementing appropriate geospatial technology and procedures to best serve their needs by researching and recommending viable options.
- Reviews current applications and "off the shelf" software products and makes recommendations for usage.
- Analyzes business and Information Technology issues as they pertain to the use of geospatial information and technology. Provides integration options as appropriate.
- Transfers geospatial technology knowledge to groups well versed in the field and to groups new to the field.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of both the current and planned GIS platforms and development environments.
- Maintains an up to date understanding of City information and technology platforms and applies this understanding to enhance geospatial information and technology usage for various business units.
- Promotes geospatial information and technology through presentations and/or written descriptions to groups with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Participates in geospatial information and technology project teams as requested and provides advice to team members.
- Extensive experience in ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, and related technologies.
- Considerable experience in monitoring and optimizing the performance of ArcGIS Enterprise components, including tuning for scalability and reliability.
- Experience in designing and implementing backup and disaster recovery strategies for ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Experience in integrating ArcGIS Web GIS services and geoprocessing tasks and REST APIs with other enterprise systems, databases, and third-party applications.
- Experience with geospatial data security best practices, including access control, encryption, and identity management.
- Experience working with geodatabase and relational database management systems (RDBMS), Oracle, or PostgreSQL.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of version control systems for managing configurations and changes in the ArcGIS Enterprise environment.
- Ability to create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including system configurations and best practices.
- Knowledge of GIS standards and best practices to ensure data quality and compliance with industry norms.
- Willingness to stay updated with the latest ArcGIS technologies and industry trends.
- Ability to analyze user requirements, recommend solutions, and clearly communicate the means of geospatial technologies.
- Demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness in teamwork, facilitation, communications, conflict resolution, problem-solving, incident management and team leadership in projects, assignments, and service engagements, particularly in dealing with a complex technical environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an aptitude to work independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated business acumen to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with clients and vendors, representing strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated software development discipline using source code control and system development life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends, as required.
- Ability to be on call for support of production systems, as required.
- Ability to travel across various office locations within the City of Toronto, as requir
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.