Senior Solutions Architect (Hybrid – Flexible Options)
City : Toronto - 120 Bremner Blvd
Category : Associate
Industry : Financial Technology
Employer : Broadridge Financial Solutions
Broadridge is a dynamic and innovative Fintech at the forefront of cutting-edge technology solutions that power the financial services industry globally. We are on a mission to revolutionize the industry by building a next-generation enterprise platform team that will transform how we are engineering our products from the ground up. We are assembling a talented and forward-thinking team to drive this vision forward. If you are passionate about leading engineering efforts and want to be at the helm of innovation, we invite you to join us as a Technology Architect for our Platform Team.
You will play a pivotal role in leading our Platform Team's technical efforts. You will be responsible for guiding the development of a robust and scalable platform, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and mentoring a team of engineers. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact by shaping the architecture and direction of our platform.
We are looking for Solution Architects to help drive this transformation with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a change leader, you will be responsible for driving the product’s long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide thought leadership to the engineering and business teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of next gen technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists to understand the current state and identify constraints in defining the future state architecture for applications & related interfaces.
- Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure SME’s and project teams to ensure all aspects of the Wealth Management architecture are defined in conjunction with Broadridge standards, policies, priorities and best practices.
- Develop the architecture artifacts (Architecture Blueprint, Architecture Decisions, Application Roadmap) based on Broadridge practices and review with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects, and key program stakeholders.
- Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Design, develop and lead PoCs occasionally in collaboration with development teams to evaluate new technologies, tools and solutions.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget, and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers.
- 8+ years of experience in technology architecture, system design, system integration projects/programs.
- 8+ years of experience in technology program management focused on software.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices. Knowledge of project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience working on developing infrastructure and tools.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Strategic thinker with great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced influencer and communicator.
- Experience in launching technical programs from inception to delivery.
- Record of accomplishment of operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Experience in fostering cross-functional working relationships in an organization.
- Working with and communicating with multiple partner teams and cross-functional partners [with and without technology experience].
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively manage up, down and cross functionally.
- Strong team player with a track record of managing and scaling teams and motivating technical personnel in a high-growth company.
- You can easily take an ambiguous problem and create a phased strategy to address it.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop other engineers & technologists.
- Startup attitude, ownership, and the right balance of quality and sense of urgency.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and highly motivated individual to lead projects from feasibility to completion.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required. Ability to communicate optimally, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
Why Join Broadridge?
- Lead the development of a transformative platform that will shape the future of our industry.
- Work alongside a dynamic and highly motivated team dedicated to innovation.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Be part of a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture.