Senior Solution Architect – Google Cloud Platform
City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Strategic Solutions Architect (GCP) in our growing GCP practice, you will directly help our enterprise clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will be architecting, designing, building and deploying state-of-the-art cloud solutions for our clients by leveraging hyperscaler technologies, specifically Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of modern cloud platforms as well as traditional on-premise platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
In this role, you will not only be leading pre-Sales Solutioning, but also technical delivery of GCP projects by working closely with our Google Cloud Practice leads, Sector/Account Teams, Service Lines/Offerings Teams, and Delivery Teams. The focus is to drive successful sales, ensure impeccable technical delivery and enable scaling our Google Cloud Practice.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities will be the following:
- Provide pre-Sales technical leadership including GTM Technical Strategy, driving RFI/RFP efforts and delivering client technical workshops/proposals
- Act as Google Cloud SME & Technical Delivery Leader by owning design, architecture and deployment of cloud solutions on GCP
- Drive billable client projects, maintain target utilization and provide technical expertise to clients and internal IBM teams
- Guide/mentor technical delivery teams and collaborating across the entire delivery organization to ensure client success
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of in-depth use of GCP Technologies – IaaS, PaaS, Cloud landing zone setup, GCP infrastructure components (including VPC, Networking/interconnects, load-balancers, IAM, Security etc)
- 12+ years of experience in IT working closely with Infrastructure and software development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Google PCA or other GCP technical certifications are required. AWS/Azure certifications and/or experience are nice to have
- Experience leading teams that migrated applications to GCP as well as developed native apps in GCP
- Experience with GKE, data and analytics, Looker, Anthos, Vertex AI/ML, developer tools, cloud migration, and DevOps tools/processes in GCP is preferred
- Strong Coordination and Collaboration skills. Used to work with Virtual teams and in complex matrix Organizations
- Strong client engagement skills and client facing experience
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Excellent conversation and communication skills in English
- Experience to deal with both Technical and Business client personnel
- Consulting/IT Service Delivery experience is a must
- Experience with automation platforms and tools is nice-to-have
- Experience with migrating/modernizing ISV packaged applications like SAP is a nice-to-have
- Location - Ontario, Alberta
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.