Senior Software Engineer, Operations
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values, and encourage growth and achievement. For ten consecutive years, Sun Life has been named one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World! We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills.
The Individual team in Application Operations Support (AOS) provides operations and support services to ensure reliability of IT applications. Through innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration, we strive to find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with at least 5 years of .Net application support, analysis, and development experience. The successful candidate will have strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently. As a member of the team that supports Enterprise IT applications, responsibilities include Application support, responding to service requests & incidents, debugging and problem solving, security reviews, maintaining stability, systems analysis, performance tuning, application development, unit testing and writing technical specifications.
What you will do:
- Provide ongoing support of .Net based applications in Production and test environments including responding to Service requests, Incident & Problem analysis, Service restoration and recovery, Security vulnerability remediation, Audits and reporting as necessary
- Interface with other Software Engineers, Infrastructure teams, Lead Software Engineers, Business Systems Analysts, and other stakeholders to deliver high quality solutions and maintain a stable, high performing application environment
- Design, develop, test and debug programs for small projects and bug fixes
- Develop and maintain strategies for proactive monitoring of applications to provide early warning signs
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to eliminate waste and add efficiencies
- Ensure strict compliance of security and change management directives
- Identify and participate in improvement, system renewal, stability, upgrade and Disaster Recovery projects
- Enable stability through troubleshooting issues and conducting root-cause analysis
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 5 years of information technology experience in .Net application support and development
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, or other DBMS
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management techniques (ASM)
- Knowledge of DevOps Toolset and Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Management
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Strong relationship management and consulting skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Willing to embrace and learn new technologies
- Exposure to Agile framework (Kanban, Scrum)
- Exposure to team collaboration tools like Confluence, JIRA, MS Teams
- Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
- Experience with ReactJS/ React.js
- Knowledge of ITIL Methodology
- The role includes on-call and after hours support on a team rotation basis
- Government Reliability Security Clearance is required for this role (application upon hire includes fingerprinting, 5-year Canadian History Check etc.)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in an environment focused on new technologies
- Wellness and benefits programs that include sabbaticals and pension matching
- Access to our Global Learning Centre & Udemy, available 24/7 for your learning needs
- Industry leading Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- A collaborative, supportive and interactive team environment
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:74,900/74 900 - 125,900/125 900
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:21/08/2022