For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: US (Remote) OR MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
This role is associated with the QuickMAR by PointClickCare eMAR platform
What your day-to-day will look like:
· Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
· Work with business to iterate over software requirements
· Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
· Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
· Analyze and debug systems
· Perform validation and verification testing in a test-driven manner
· Review the work of others and invite others to review your work
· Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
· Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
· Refactor, optimize, and improve the QuickMAR by PointClickCare platform used by our customers in the senior care industry.
What qualifications we’re looking for:
· Extensive experience writing clean C# / ASP.NET MVC / .NET code that performs well at scale in both Windows client (WinForm) and IIS web application contexts
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL) Must have a deep understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and related functions such as SSRS
· Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints along with maintaining SOAP-based interfaces
· Absolutely love TDD and have a working knowledge of it.
· Proficient in GIT and release/branch management strategies
· Experience using system and performance monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, SolarWinds)
· Excellent organization, critical-thinking and personal leadership skills
· Self-starter with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision
· Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
· Team player, Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
· Experience within an Agile context and have a deep understanding of empowered scrum teams and Agile project management software such as Jira
· Proven experience as a great Engineer
· BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree Would consider relevant experience as well
Bonus points for:
· Experience developing in WinForms
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Istio
· Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, RestAssured).
· Experience with Ansible / Jenkins or Team City CI/CD pipelines
· Windows and IP networking knowledge
· Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services or equivalent
· Experience working on a SaaS product
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
· Rotation-based on-call experience with production-grade systems
· Has mentored others in a professional setting
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.