Senior Software Engineer
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Quality Engineering is a team of skilled professionals who dedicate their careers to accelerating the growth of Sun Life’s digital platforms through technology-based solutions. We focus on looking for and seizing opportunities to leverage digital, data and analytics in new ways as we continue to help our Clients achieve lifetime financial security, live healthier lives and connect with us. Come join us as we continue to intensify the focus on our digital journey, helping our clients and transforming our business in exciting ways!
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to provide leadership, technical design, development, support and analysis for cloud-based solutions. The successful candidate is a team player with excellent technical and problem-solving skills, is aware of industry trends, questions the status quo and can identify and propose alternatives.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with skilled Agile team members to understand user needs and design, develop and deliver innovation cloud-based solutions
- Configure and design applications and workflows, using outside the box thinking, to create innovative ways to advance our client first strategy
- Collaborate, coach and mentor members of the design and development project team
- Provide technical direction and guidance to projects, ensuring risks are mitigated and projects are implemented successfully
- Contribute to defining timelines and plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Participate in agile ceremonies
What you need to succeed?
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
- 7+ years of Web application development experience
- Working experience in an Agile environment with tools like Jira
- Advanced overall understanding of Web applications and server technologies
- Strong working experience with Java, J2EE, Websphere Liberty, Unix/Linux, web and web hosting technologies
- Proficient with Soap/XML, REST/JSON
- Hands on experience using DevOps tools (BitBucket, CDD, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with Spring Boot, APIs, and Microservices would be an asset.
- Microsoft .NET experience is a bonus
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS, Packer and Terraform
- Working knowledge of container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Flexible hours and work from home options
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:74,900/74 900 - 125,900/125 900
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:21/08/2022