Senior Software Developer with Java, Hadoop and GCP, Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188364
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Client Central technology team is an integral part of Global Technology Applications (GTA) team.
We are made up of high performing, energetic, results-oriented, and collaborative individuals who thrive in our dynamic and agile environment to deliver the best solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team to help move forward our strategy and vision.
As a Senior Developer in the Client Central technology team, you will be in a high-impact role, working alongside a group of technology professionals responsible for technical design, development, and delivery of various solutions to resolve multi-dimensional business problems to support business needs. We are looking to fill our team with forward thinking individuals who embrace change, are passionate about their profession, are flexible, curious, continuous learners and who want to achieve challenging goals and have long-lasting impact on our customers and the Bank.
You will be a hands-on technologist with a results-oriented and curious mindset and deep technical skills. You will provide the delivery of technical solutions, while ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Responsible for the design, development and successful implementation of effective and quality solutions to support client data processing, reporting and analytics.
- Work within a big data ecosystem (Java, Hadoop, GCP) to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
- Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
- Effectively contribute to and collaborate with a dynamic, agile development team, working to build a high-performing team in an inclusive work environment.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with partner BA, QA and business teams
- 10+ years of relevant software development and IT industry work experience, with focus on big data technologies
- Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies and concepts. Hands on experience in design, development and successful deployment of large-scale projects from end to end.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Candidate should be able to work both independently and, in a team, -oriented collaborative environment, by understanding the design documents and handling application development, unit testing and QA support
- Excellent programming skills in Java and Python
- Experience with a wide spectrum of big data technologies including Hive, Spark, HQL, Spark SQL, Hadoop/HDFS
- Practical expertise using agile delivery with deep understating of core agile concepts, and continuous delivery and deployment methodologies (GitHub, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, Airflow, etc).
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, including database modeling.
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka and NiFi is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Capital Markets and Master Data Management would be an asset.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.