Senior Software Developer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174816
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a developer to join our Digital Engineering Operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and developing complex, highly reliable and scalable enterprise systems. They have a keen interest in application monitoring, security, and maintenance with a strong developer-focused mindset and thrive in a fast-moving environment. As a senior member of this highly talented and interactive team, you will not only get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts but also to mentor growing developers to enhance your leadership skills.
What will you do?
- Develop software following sound software engineering principles and lead investigations for production issues and come up with solutions that meet security standards defined by the organization
- Production support and handling escalation during the day as well as off-hours
- Interface with Scotiabank infrastructure and application teams to maintain and support infrastructure and applications
- Lead root cause analysis to in-scope systems, identify improvements, and drive to implementation
- Develop operational plans, processes, and procedures to improve service delivery and resiliency
- Lead by example and mentor growing developers in the team
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in developing and supporting large, complex, highly available applications.
- Strong Java programming skills with Spring Boot and JMS.
- Through knowledge of JMS, messaging and event streaming frameworks like Kafka.
- Experience in developing SOAP/REST services and good understanding of Queues, Consumers and Topics.
- Unit testing experience for Java based applications.
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with and lead teams toward resolution.
- Sound DBMS knowledge and understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, etc.
- Some experience with application monitoring tools like Dynatrace and Splunk
- Familiarity with OpenID, OAUTH, TCP, SSH, SSL protocols
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes & GCP) as we aim to build self-serve products on a cloud platform
- Solid experience working on infrastructure centric platforms and advanced working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time
- Familiarity with caching and message queuing systems
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact. As part of Scotia Digital, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of talented people changing how the bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure.
Opportunities to do challenging work in a mission critical system to the bank.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.