Senior Software Developer (Remote/Hybrid)
City : Toronto, Canada
Category : Enterprise Operations
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan - OTPP
Senior Software Developer, Investments (Remote/Hybrid)
As the Senior Software developer, you will analyze, design, develop, and support software solutions to help Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan to meet its business objectives. You will contribute your technical knowledge to complex and interesting IT projects. You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely and come into the office on occasion for team collaboration moments. Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad for a month in another region /country. The choice is yours!
What you'll do
- Responsible for the accurate completion of high quality, well designed and well architected systems that make appropriate use of technology.
- Participate/lead in the development of implementation and testing plans
- Responsible for maintaining currency in technological trends and directions, continually upgrading personal technical and IT related skills through research, education and self-motivated technology experimentation.
- Participate in new technology investigation and make recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate.
- Lead technical projects and act as a mentor to junior development staff
What you'll need
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent working experience.
- Advanced knowledge of information systems theories, concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience, with at least 2 years in a lead developer capacity, and exposure to the full project life cycle - from conception to completion, including formal change management concepts/procedures.
- Strong communication and customer service skills required for interactions with people of varying levels of technical expertise.
- General knowledge of Financial or Performance reporting systems is an asset.
- Strong curiosity about the financial industry required. Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and/or CFA candidacy is an asset.
- Expertise in the following technologies: C#, .Net/.Net Core, PL/SQL, SSAS, SSIS, Web Development (Angular/AngularJS)
- Experience with relational / multifaceted / Tabular database structures and major database platforms, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with any of the following technologies would be considered a strong asset: Power BI, cloud (i.e. Azure), containers, messaging, microservices, gRPC, RESTful
- Exposure with various software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile. Experience with the following technologies, or equivalents: Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus.
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
- Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad in another region/country for up to a month each year
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations, we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area:Information Technology
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.