Senior Software Developer
City : Ottawa, ON, CA, K1G6R7
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175430
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The senior software developer will focus on application development and support in a Microsoft-based development environment. In a team-based environment, the incumbent will work closely with the Technical Lead, Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts in delivering solutions for our clients. The incumbent will be responsible for the development, testing and implementation of various web- and desktop-based computer applications. The development concentrates mainly around instances of MS Dynamics 365 – customizations, integrations, etc. Most of the applications supported by the team as hosted in the Azure MS Cloud.
Is this role right for you?
- Perform Code Reviews for Software Developers when requested
- Contribute to the coordination of each sprint release ensuring Software Developers are aligned and Technical Lead is informed
- Act as a mentor for Software Developers on the team – educating on best practices within the team and performing security reviews of solutions before implementation
- Act as Scrum Master when required
- Manage from start to finish small internal projects on the team – working with a smaller team of Developers, QA and Business Analysts
- Work with the Technical Lead to write Technical Debt backlog items to ensure the technology stack is current
- Collaborate with teammates in to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Create and review designs different components using patterns and consistent approaches used by the team
- Develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Mentor teammates on Microsoft .NET technologies
- Work with teammates in the migration of older applications to current Microsoft technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Work with teammates to roll-out and maintain continuous integration practices
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide third-level support to business users
- Provide after-hours on-call support to support releases and key business processes on an as-needed basis
Do you have the skills:
- 6+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in object-oriented software design and development
- Proficient with.NET, including but not limited to ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, REST Standards
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365
- Experience in hosted environments like Azure or AWS
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server, database design and development; experience with SSIS and SSRS required
- Dev Ops and Agile experience required – Pipelines, Releases, Scrum, etc.
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies
- Understanding of Cloud Hosted environments and related technologies
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Currently all our teams are working fully remotely
- Remote work continuation to be considered post pandemic
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.