Senior Site Reliability Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Enterprise DevOps SRE team is undertaking multiple complex enterprise-wide initiatives as part of RBC’s ongoing plan to improve and standardize application releases for Cloud, Distributed, Mainframe etc. This role will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, and support of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) solutions for the Enterprise DevOps tools and CI/CD pipeline supported by the Enterprise DevOps SRE Team.
What will you do?
- Develop SRE solutions (monitoring and alerting, self-healing and reliability testing)
- Simplifies development by building repeatable automated solutions to manual tasks
- Explore new infrastructure capabilities and technologies to drive innovation (including coding and publishing how-to documentation)
- Implement and drive proactive monitoring solutions for internally hosted applications
- Manage and support CI/CD DevOps pipeline tools and SRE monitoring solutions used by the Application Development Teams
- Maintain technology currency (perform application upgrades, server patching, certificate renewal etc.) with keen eye on automating opportunities
- Assist in incident management and problem management for applications in scope
- Manage and update any Service Management records related to changes, not limited to, but including incidents, problems, requests, outages, knowledge, asset, and configuration as required
- Collaborate and contribute on cross-functional enterprise initiatives and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables
- Work with necessary stakeholders to mature processes and ensure SRE and ITSM processes are effective and understood
- Identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate, and escalate to management where appropriate
- Perform production support role, including some after-hours rotational on-call support
What do you need to succeed?
- Have a well-rounded understanding of Linux operating system including command line, firewalls, certificates, PGP encryption and various file transfer protocols e.g., SFTP, AS2, Connect: Direct etc.
- Experience in Configuration Management (config as code) using Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with programming and scripting languages including Python, Shell scripting, PowerShell, Groovy etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry practices, with focus SRE principles
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high-quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written and communication skills: ability to deal with key partners across the organization: Business, Operations, Application Development, Maintenance, and Infrastructure Teams
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma, or related breadth of experience
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, JFrog Artifactory, JFrog Xray, NexusRepo & IQ, GitHub, DevSecOps, IBM Urbancode Deploy, Jenkins, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, MongoDB, Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, Rest APIs, Databases, PagerDuty.
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring Tools such as Grafana and Dynatrace, ITSM Tools such as ServiceNow.
- Experience in Vendor Management, application development, database, system engineering and/or systems analysis
- Understanding of banking/financial services industry.
- Experience in agile ways of working
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.