Senior ServiceNow Developer (Ottawa Hub)
City : Ottawa, ON, CA
Category : Computer Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 142164
Cost Centre: [[costCenter]]
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
We are the Service Management Technology (SMT) team under Global Technology Services (GTS). We utilize the ServiceNow tool to provide the enterprise ticketing system supporting the bank’s tracking of incident/problem/change management; service requests; asset management & configuration management. We also have custom applications for teams where the standard IT Service Management (ITSM) modules may not make the perfect fit.
While we are currently working 100% remotely, when it is safe to return to the office, we shall adopt a hybrid work environment. This means you might have infrequent travel to your choice of our downtown Toronto or Scarborough Technical Campus locations, or to our Ottawa Techhub. In the meantime, you will be onboarded virtually, from your home-office.
You are responsible for the hands-on development on the ServiceNow platform as well as providing the solution design when required. The solution design portion may include defining and documenting the structure, connections and relationships of systems to help support building out integrations or technical documentation. Flexibility to work in both an Agile and Waterfall methodology on projects depending on what is required. As a Senior ServiceNow Developer, you will also help provide standards and guidelines to less senior developers and other parties that may also be providing you with code, including code reviews where applicable.
Is this role right for you?
- You have a passion for everything to do with ServiceNow and can help drive and implement into a global enterprise.
- You will lead the initiative on the configuration, administration, implementation, and maintenance specific to the Cloud Provisioning and Governance applications within the ServiceNow platform.
- You thrive on providing a great customer experience and user intuitive designs.
- You love to develop and design new applications on ServiceNow.
- You are keen with making technical systems work out and to build integrations and automation between systems.
- You enjoy providing improvements and recommendations on existing processes and tools.
- You can thrive in working with teams in an Agile manner to meet tight deadlines.
- You get a deep satisfaction in applying your troubleshooting and root cause analysis to address bugs or finding workarounds or other methods to solve problems.
- You can work under pressure and with multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- You are fine with the ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- You possess excellent communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) skills with technical peers or business stakeholders.
- You have at least 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience as a ServiceNow Developer in a medium or large enterprise organization.
- You can demonstrate hands-on working experience with technical leadership around systems analysis, systems design, development, code reviews, QA & system integration.
- You have at least 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience in developing, configuring & maintaining at least one ServiceNow ITOM solutions, specifically for Cloud Provisioning and Governance implementation.
- You can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of most of the following ServiceNow modules: Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Hardware Asset Management; Configuration Management Database (CMDB); Cloud Management, Cloud Discovery (ITOM); and Knowledge Management.
- You can demonstrate either working experience or a depth of technical knowledge of Cloud Provisioning and Governance models using either Azure, AWS or Kubernetes, etc and how/why discovery is a key function of the overall management suite of Cloud.
- You can demonstrate a strong understanding of both Integration Hub and integrations on the ServiceNow Platform.
- You can demonstrate the ability to adapt at working in both Agile and traditional Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- You have at least 5+ years of recent hands-on technical working experience on systems integration projects/programs.
- You have at least 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience in defining and documenting the structure, connections and relationships of any of the following: business, processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure and network topology.
- You possess good time management skills in order to succeed with shifting priorities over multiple assignments on projects/programs.
- Completion of a post secondary education in a related computer science or engineering field is desired.
- Completion or in the process of completing the ITIL Foundation v.3 or v.4 certification.
- Completion or in the process of completing the ServiceNow Advanced System Administrator certification or Certified Implementation Specialist - Cloud Provisioning and Governance is an asset.
What's in it for you?
- You can play a critical role in evolving the process around ITSM on a global scale; as well as promote the automation of service management, which increases quantifiable employee & clients’ satisfaction by resolving the issues efficiently and implementing changes properly.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.