Senior Service Designer – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally.
In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector.
iX is one of the largest digital agency networks in the world and leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies. We are a hybrid consulting agency. We think bigger than an agency and more creatively than a consultancy. We are backed by the diversity of IBM Consulting which delivers the power to integrate the whole digital system.
Our team is made up of design renegades and realists who blend strategy, technology and creativity to tackle every client challenge. We imagine the experiences that will shape tomorrow’s world and help our clients make them real. We uncover insights from research and data and deliver progressive ideas using IBM Design Thinking and Service Design. We push our customers to ground their business strategy in human experience – whether we are talking about customers, employees, or stakeholders. Everything we do drives measurable impact at scale. For more information, visit ibm.com/ibmix.
As a Service and Experience Design consultant, you will have the opportunity to create industry leading experiences for the customers and employees of some of Canada’s largest, most impactful organizations. You will work with clients to guide them on their enterprise digital strategy journeys and help them to capitalize on opportunities through CX strategy, product development, and digital transformation, all while placing humans at the forefront of design.
You are a creative thinker and professional problem solver with a keen interest in understanding and improving the ways in which humans interact with technology through day-to-day life. You live at the intersection or strategy, vision and technology – and you have the professional experience to show for it. The user experience is at the forefront of your approach, you have the skills and expertise to effectively map user journeys, identify moments of delight or friction, and turn them into feasible, high value experiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ability to map the digital products and services of an enterprise into a comprehensive current state assessment
- Demonstrate understanding of an enterprise’s digital ecosystem and identify opportunities for improvement that are tied to the business need
- Ability to assess feasibility of a service design blueprint on a macro and micro level
- Ability to frame the client’s journey in a thoughtful manner, from problem to solution.
- Understand how to use an “art of the possible” approach to help the client envision the future of their customer/employee experience.
- Develop case studies with a compelling story bridging the gap between the user, the business, and technology, and use that to build skills in consistent story telling across clients.
Identify and track value
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of a solution, and use (or create new) methods to track the value being generated.
- Ability to prioritize and map experience “golden nuggets” to actual value being generated for the user and the business.
Product backlog generation
- Ability to synthesize Design Thinking or “Big Idea” outputs into actionable and tactical backlog items.
- Understand how to create and prioritize backlog items that address key user pain points that are also directly linked to the actual value being generated for the end user and business.
- Knowledge of varying user research approach and tactics
- Understand how to synthesize user research insights and user needs into key capabilities that are actionable and can be developed and implemented through technology solutions
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the business and their brand strategy and connect that to how the client can grow in their space.
- Ability to assess where a client is currently in their journey and articulate how the project and solution will positively impact their overall strategic goals and their customers.
Must be located onsite at our IBM office in Calgary, Alberta. Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience creating user-centred design for enterprise experiences and processes.
- 3+ years of experience in service design, UX research, or similar roles.
- Degree or diploma in Service Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, or Similar
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience using enterprise collaboration tools such as Mural, Miro, etc. to facilitate virtual and in person workshops preferred.
- Experience in agile product delivery preferred.
- Understanding of SAP or other ERP platforms preferred.
- Experience in Oil & Gas preferred.
- Experience with design software/tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud is an asset.
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.