Senior Service Designer, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175003
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Digital Banking Organization has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimaging the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers. As a Senior Service Designer you will be responsible for helping Scotiabank see what is hidden in plain sight by mapping our end-to-end services and processes from the perspective of the customer, and unearthing how they can be reimagined to better serve our customers digitally and beyond.
Is this role right for you?
- Work with diverse partners & stakeholders to design services and experiences, as well as the internal processes, policies and programs that support them, in support of seamless customer experiences.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of human needs and how they can be mapped back to organizational systems and processes
- Defines insights about what makes processes bad and experiences awful for our customers, always operating constructively toward recommending positive alternative
- Designs and delivers end-to-end projects, managing stakeholders, schedules, and deliverables
- Translate complex systems in compelling stories, communicating in a credible and engaging manner to meaningfully stretch people’s thinking and reconstruct longstanding operating models
- Accountable for delivery and design of a range of workshops, ideation sessions and design sprints to engage employees and customers in designing customer-centric processes
- Highly skilled in various design tools such as journey maps, service patterns and service blueprints to effectively institutionalize customer-centric practices
- Have specialized skills and experience in the nature & pace of change in a specific market as well as the related needs and behaviours of our customers, identifying potential opportunities and channels relevant to our business
- Apply expertise to the analysis and synthesis of multiple sources of data, including observational interviews, qualitative research studies and direct user feedback.
- Provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of design work.
- Contribute to the growth of the Service Design practice across Scotiabank, acting as an advocate for the practice and a passionate agent of change.
- Participate actively in a collaborative, innovative, challenging and supportive team environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5+ years experience in service design, business design or a closely related field
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrates expertise in consulting successfully on large and complex multi-channel projects
- Highly-skilled in a range of design methodologies such as journey mapping, pattern and blueprint development, contextual interviews, ethnographic observation, diary studies, design workshops, landscape reviews, trend analysis, etc.
- Advanced understanding of information architecture and systems thinking as they apply to the design of a service
- Leads activities to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
- Demonstrates a positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supports others who do the same.
- Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
- Open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh.
- A background in Fintech or other financial related products is an asset.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset; including the ability to build your own design artifacts such as personas, journey maps, reports, etc.
- French and/or Spanish proficiency considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.