Senior Security Portfolio Manager
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192929
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Cybersecurity Portfolio Office is a Divisional Project Management Office that manages the development, execution and performance of IS&C strategy & roadmap. We ensure a stable, secure & efficient service delivery, that protects the customer experience and supports business growth. We leverage the banks Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF) and support efforts around performance, optimization and innovation, best practice portfolio management and IS&C project and operational financial management. This includes Project/Program Management, Project Life-Cycle Planning, KPI Reporting and Benefits Realization.
Reporting to the Director of Cybersecurity Portfolio Management, the successful candidate will play a leading role for Information Security & Controls (IS&C) Program delivery oversight, roadmap strategy, risk mitigation, Project and Operational financial planning and KPI reporting.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Manage complex technology programs /projects concurrently and is challenged to the conflicting needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Project engagements crossing multiple organizational and geographic boundaries, and often involves external suppliers and contractors.
- Manage (directly or indirectly) a team of up to ~20 Project Managers, Project Controllers and BAs (full time and contractors).
- Work collaboratively with peer Portfolio Managers and IS&C VPs to ensure alignment on strategy, cross program dependencies, risk and issues
- Strong analytical Business Case writing skills coupled with the ability to sell/gain funding approval from the multiple line of business CIOs/CFOs.
- Priorities often shift, requiring fast and effective re-prioritization of resource to meet commitments.
- Have a high degree of prudence is required to ensure that project decisions are balanced in relation to time, quality, cost, risk appetite and Stakeholder needs and expectations
- Thrive on strategic / tactical leadership and oversight for creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective Programs in support of business objectives.
- Partner with business and technology sponsors to translate IS&C technology and services strategies into cost effective programs and projects.
- Manage end to end results from business cases development to implementation to benefits realization management.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English.
- 5+ years of hands-on working experience in IT Project Management on large enterprise security projects & programs.
- 5+ years of hands-on working experience in leading diverse and global teams across geographies & time zones.
- Demonstrate effective influence and negotiation skills to help manage stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual / critical thinking, thought leadership, strategic planning and project delivery/execution skills.
- PMP in good standing.
- Spanish speaking is an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.