Senior Security Engineer – RBC Ventures
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC Ventures is a new kind of business – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives – to move RBC ‘beyond banking’. We’re building a world-class organization focused on designing exceptional experiences, exploring new business models, and creating exponential value. In 2020, we were named by Fast Company as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators and we’re looking for team members with the curiosity to explore, the capabilities to build, and the capacity to help us deliver our mission
We are looking to expand our Ventures team at RBC. Are you looking for a chance to make a difference? Are you someone who embraces change? If you are looking for an exciting, high growth opportunity with a leading financial institution that is accelerating cloud native development, this could be the job for you.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer who is hands-on and exemplifies the attributes of a leader, mentor and decision maker. We are currently building out our SecOps team with a goal of providing mentorship and tooling to the Ventures application teams to manage the security of their applications.
What will you do?
- Be the voice of security! Work with stakeholders across the organization, provide security training and outreach to our development teams to achieve a consistently high security bar.
- You will help our development teams build out/implement application security frameworks that hook into our CI pipeline.
- Build, deploy and maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection, audit, and response.
- Maintain a dashboard of threat metrics by critical process/system, and/or other critical path elements; incorporating the different feeds of threat data into a unified and easy to understand view.
- Design and drive the implementation of security standards, policies, monitoring and alerting; and drive adoption by RBC Venture teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise and establish requirements on incident management execution considering information security standards, best practices, and compliance requirements
- Take a critical leadership role in our incident management process ensuring a timely resolution and proper actions are taken.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, automating the investigation and/or remediation where possible
- Help manage third party relationships relating to security services.
- Work collaboratively in different areas of the organization, maintaining critical path relationships in all levels of the organization.
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Senior Security or Senior Cyber Analyst.
- 2+ years in Security Operations or related role.
- Experience with Sumo Logic platforms
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Experience with threat hunting, forensic or as a secure application developer.
- You are experienced with reviewing and analyzing security logs and reports from a variety of sources including security tools, servers and network devices to identify possible threats and action accordingly.
- Hands on experience on developing automation/orchestration and process for improvements to daily security operations.
- Experience in AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Experience with service configuration management, deployment and continuous integration tools, such as GitHub, CircleCi, Jenkins, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- You have a calm, assertive approach, strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You have the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and among a geographically distributed team.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring developer on security best practices.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test solutions.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider security engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
Nice To Have
- 2+ years experience with penetration testing.
- Experience triaging/resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.
- Experience with NowSecure, Checkmarx, Contrast, New Relic and Pager Duty
- Experience in Security architecture and detailed cyber security designs for Cloud systems infrastructure and corporate network and systems.
- AWS Security Certification.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Choice of computer: Windows or Mac
- Casual dress code
- Agile work environment
- Work with a highly engaged and motivated team
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.