Senior Scrum Master
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The Household Billing Delivery Team is dynamic team of Technology Services professionals eager to make a difference as we work together to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world. Supporting our Marketing and Pricing Business partners in successful delivery of key, strategic projects is our team’s mandate. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Management, Household Billing Delivery, the successful candidate will function as an Agile Delivery Lead/Scrum Master/Coach and perform project & process management functions when required. The candidate will partner closely with the product owner and architecture team in order to help delivery teams with integration of new platforms, products, and services.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Facilitating daily stand-ups, planning, grooming, reviews, retrospectives and scrums, while delivering and executing on key projects through cross-functional teams
- Work closely with our Product owner, development team and vendors to manage and deliver the Core project requirements
- Resolve process challenges, inefficiencies and influence change both at the working level as well as with external stakeholders.
- Identify dependencies, process improvements and help the team become self-organizing
- Helping the team make problems visible and solving them by tracking and reporting issue, status, and other metrics against goals on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring a good relationship between the vendor, development team and product owner as well as other Bell internal teams. Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Providing support to members of Core team, and other internal Bell teams and vendors to ensure product issues and impacts are well perceived to maximize product quality and to meet overall business needs in terms of time to market
- Certification in Scrum Master and Agile practices and theory
- 3-5 years previous experience as a Scrum Master role
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Strong leadership and Negotiation skills
- Experience in consulting, leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution,
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fluid team environment
- Extensive experience in managing project delivery involving multi-tiered systems integration.
- Ability to gain management support and work effectively at all levels across the organization
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapid change
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to coach team members through problem solving
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Knowledge of the various software development life cycle methodologies (Agile, Incremental and Iterative, Scrum-ban, Lean).Knowledge and/or experience with continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing
- Applicable knowledge of the IT/network technologies
- Previous experience as a team lead is an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/10/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.