City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Scheduler - ( 230004YR )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Planner/Scheduler to join our Program Management team with a background in scheduling of large infrastructure programs, preferably in mass transit systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the owner of the project schedule and coordinate all inputs, reviews and updates required for a functional schedule.
- Participate as member of a project team and communicate schedule related issues and opportunities but also be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Prepare the project schedule in Primavera P6 including;
+ The sequence and duration of all activities relating to the completion of the project including engineering, procurement and construction;
+ Establish logic and floats for all activities and denote key milestones; and
+ Resource loading.
- Ensure that the construction schedule is updated regularly with progress achieved and make changes to the sequence and duration of activities where appropriate.
- Review vendor, sub-consultant and contractor schedule submittals and incorporate into project schedule.
- Identify the project critical path and communicate same to the project team and stakeholders.
- Identify divergences from the project plan as established in the baseline schedule to the project team.
- Identify throughout the course of the project activities which are behind progress, any foreseen delays to future activities and the likely effect on the schedule of any actual or foreseen delay.
- Identify strategies for catching up lost time or avoiding potential delays and opportunities to accelerate the completion of the work.
- Preparation of reports and updates.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera P6 and MS Project).
- Experience with large capital infrastructure projects, preferably in mass transit systems.
- Extensive technical knowledge of scheduling practices.
- Strong familiarity with engineering design, and construction practice.
- Ability to validate scheduling status with project team members and related stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present status updates of scheduling projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years’ experience in a scheduling role. Construction experience is an asset.
- PMP Designation is highly preferable.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA PMCM
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 9, 2023, 10:24:42 AM
Req ID: 230004YR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans