Senior SAP SCM Consultant
City : Montreal
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Consultant you will serve as a client-facing practitioner who sells, leads and implements expert services utilizing the breadth of IBM's offerings and technologies. A successful Consultant is regarded by clients as a trusted business advisor who collaborates to provide innovative solutions used to solve the most challenging business problems.
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
As a Lead and SME role on SAP powered SCM solutions your primary responsibilities include:
- Assists clients in the selection, implementation, and support of Package solutions in Supply Chain Management (Product Design & Development, Supply Chain Planning, Assets Management, Production Planning, Manufacturing, and Logistics) space.
- Uses consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients business environment in order to achieve client expected business results.
- Lead and consult with client technical/functional teams to design and invent processes and solutions to optimize performance.
- Coordinate teams in the discovery, understanding and resolving of anomalies to ensure solution and delivery quality.
- Work with the Team in the delivery of high-quality work and adapting to new challenges for continuous innovations in SCM.
- Stay up to date on the innovations and functionalities in SCM to bring the latest value to the customers.
- Manage and lead teams through resolution of client business challenges and solution performance.
- Ability to lead workshops, demo technical solutions to the business community, gather and document business requirements, configure the application systems as well as build demos.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of SAP SCM applications experience including APO/IBP, S/4 HANA (PP, QM, PM, MM, SD, PP/DS), MII/ME, DMC, EWM, TMS, etc.,
- Experience in leading customer/prospect demo and helping the sales team to win deals
- Hands experience in other SCM applications suites like Manhattan, Blue Yonder, Kinaxis, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferably 4-5 years relevant domain (packaging).
About Business UnitConsulting is ’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMis committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.