Senior Retail Strategy Implementation Manager
City : Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V3T 0K7
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: In-person, Hybrid
What’s the job?
The Senior Retail Strategy Implementation Manager is responsible for the delivery of the physical branch strategy within the Commercial Retail and Wealth (CRW) division. This role is responsible for operationalizing and delivering on Coast’s Omni-Channel strategy. This role works in pair with CRW Executives and Senior Leaders across the enterprise, as well as external vendors where necessary. The Senior Retail Strategy Implementation Manager ensures critical elements of Coast’s strategy are implemented, driving overall business performance. This role utilizes subject matter expertise in real estate, distributed branch networks, and retail & commercial banking distribution to define and implement our divisional strategy and business objectives over the mid to long term.
What you’ll get to do:
- Promote an effective team culture whereby there is a commitment towards engagement built upon our values, mission, and purpose.
- Builds collaborative relationships with key partners across the organization at all levels; cultivating strong internal partnerships and external partners to accelerate successful implementation of initiatives.
- Influence business units through demonstration and communication of innovative tools and methodologies throughout Coast Capital.
- Demonstrate leadership to Coast Capital and its employees and contribute to the overall culture and purpose of the organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert and thought leader, partnering with senior business leaders to adapt and implement process and policy changes for Coast to deliver on our overall strategy.
- Incorporates change management practices into the OMNI channel strategy roll out.
- Responsible for delivering the CRW’s retail branch real estate strategy, coordinating with CRW Executives, and senior partners across Coast.
- Continuously evaluates the current branch network distribution, highlighting opportunities to improve cost and business performance through changes in the footprint or branch design.
- Ensures past, current, and future performance results and business line objectives are integrated with real estate decisions.
- Integrate Omni-channel and other Coast strategies to the physical branch footprint, ensuring CRW can deliver against the long-term operating plan.
- Ensure the Branch Real Estate strategy delivers on evolving member expectations and employee expectations.
- Responsible for defining and working with facilities to execute the branch footprint strategy. This includes mid to long term branch location strategy (branch location growth, layout and closing).
- Champions all change management and strategy to ensure retainment of existing membership when closing or moving a branch’s location.
- Researches and builds strategy around establishing a market for informing future branch location decisions.
- Key project stakeholder for all facilities related branch changes.
- Build and maintain a multiyear roadmap on the elements required to operationalize Coast’s strategy within CRW, evaluating the current state and identifying key milestones to deliver on the future state, iterating where necessary.
- Work with the Business Management team to provide strategic input and guidance on strategies to advance CRW business by aligning activities with business effectiveness objectives.
- Act as a subject matter expert on activities impacting banking both locally and internationally, to ensure business direction is aligned with ongoing member needs.
- Coordinate across Coast, to ensure delivery of strategy within CRW is aligned and supported through the activities of key partners.
Who are we looking for?
- 10+ years experience in real estate, strategy implementation and project management or other relevant backgrounds
- Gathers disparate information creating a synchronized point of view.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills, especially data management and presentation capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes, practices, and systems preferably in the financial services industry.
- Strong ability to adapt and optimize new technologies as required.
- Project and program management experience is required.
- Ability to provide strategic thinking and apply business acumen.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and appropriately prioritize a diverse range of complex projects and activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build and utilize effective working relationships across functional, departmental, and divisional reporting lines and with individuals and groups at various levels.
- Strong conceptual, creative, and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and engage professional and non-professional staff.
- A high standard of professional ethics and conduct.
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Understand how organizations work and how to get things done through both formal and informal channels; understands culture, and the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures.
- Understand how business works, including current and future strategies, practices, trends, economics, and technology; understands the competitive environment and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Identification, evaluation, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities.
- Effectively cope with change and “shift gears” comfortably; can decide and act without having the full picture and is able to navigate through situations when things are “up in the air”; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of strategies to impact and influence senior leaders and others where there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated enterprise perspective and experience ensuring practices, divisional strategies and tactics align with organizational culture, plans and priorities; maintains a holistic and informed perspective.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com or call 778-391-5836. We will work with you to meet your needs.