Senior Resource Manager Project Management
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of the Senior Resource Manager role is to manage and optimize a team of project managers (PM) supporting the IS delivery portfolio and programs. Working closely with PMO leadership and delivery teams the position will determine project management personnel requirements, staffing and allocation of PM resources. The position will provide on-going support of project managers to include: individual performance setting and reviews, training plans, and other staff management activities.
- Hiring new staff in accordance with PMO budgets.
- Assigning available staff to projects based on portfolio needs considering individual skills and experience.
- Providing project managers with ongoing resource management and related support.
- Monitoring employee utilization, workload, and overtime hours.
- Ensuring all adequate staffing to meet all approved project demand.
- Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff.
- Assisting with HR processes, such as payroll administration, compensation and benefit plans, and staff training.
- Collaborating with PMO and delivery team leaders on project manager resource planning and allocations.
- Working with Procurement managing project management contractors from requisition through contract completion.
- Keeping informed on labor laws and trends in resource management.
- Post-secondary education (University, College), in Commerce/Business, Engineering, Technology, Computer Science or Human Resources;
- Minimum 15 years of project and / or program management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in resource management in an applicable industry.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent experience;
- Proficiency in human resources and project management software.
- Experience in managing budgets for large teams or groups using SAP and Ariba.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable Canadian or US labor laws is a bonus.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101403
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 3
- Job Available to: Internal & External