Senior Railway Signal Designer
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Railway Signal Designer - ( 2200010G )
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination – our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Reporting to the rail and transit systems lead, the primary focus of the Senior Rail Signal Designer will be managing and approving the design of conventional signaling systems for Class I railways and Commuter lines. Relevant university degree in electrical or computer engineering with minimum of 10-year direct signaling experience with Professional Engineering designation is required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Detail circuit design of signals and interlocking for wayside, control centre and rail crossings.
- Prepare electrical schematics for track circuits, road crossing circuits, relay interlockings, junction boxes, terminal blocks and signal housing.
- Perform detailed check and approving of signals and circuit design drawings.
- Ensure the signal design is completed and ready for procurement and/or construction.
- Provide bill of materials (BOM) and specification for the signal design packages.
- Prepare test procedures and commissioning plan for signal installation and operation.
- Understand and follow the client’s CAD standards along with applicable codes and procedures.
- Provide technical data and timely support to internal and external customers when required.
- Monitoring technical performance of the design and ensuring all milestones are met.
- Coordinate with other discipline leads and provides proposal support as required.
- Managing the quality of work in accordance with Stantec quality plan and obtaining the required technical sign-off and approvals both internally and from external agencies.
- Meet job/project deadlines as determined in conjunction with the project schedule.
- Perform engineering tasks according to corporate safety policies, standards, and procedures.
- Duties may be modified from time to time, however it shall be consistent with the position.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive Knowledge of signalling using AREMA, CROR, FRA, CENELEC, IEEE and MIL.
- Working knowledge of signalling equipment such as ElectroLogIXS and GEO.
- Familiar with major railway operators such as Metrolinx, CN, CP, VIA, TTC and TransLink.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCAD or MicroStation is required.
- Sound judgment, effective organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams, deal with complex issues and maintain effective working.
- Motivated self-starter able to work reliably and efficiently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years direct experience in railway signals and communications design.
- Professional Engineer License (P.Eng.) or pending approval.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1605 Transportation-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 24, 2022, 7:45:15 AM
Req ID: 2200010G
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans