Senior Quality Engineer – #CStech
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a Senior Quality Engineer you provide support for a suite of business mission-critical and complex applications, understanding both front and back-end of the applications. The technology platform spans the breadth of Windows and Linux platforms, Python/Java/Hadoop/Containerized environments and MS SQL/Oracle/Sybase platforms.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create test plans, test cases and test scripts based on complex requirement documents and business User Stories
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using test automation tools
- Execute test cases (manual/automated), document test results and raise defects whenever necessary.
- Be responsible for component or end-to-end tracking of issues, as required
- Work with JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, qTest for test case management, defect management, test reporting and other functions
- Participate in defect triage and Scrum meetings
- Test new technologies and system functionality to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration
- Effectively collaborate with team members, stakeholders and business partners from initiation to close by using strong communication, rapport building and other stakeholder management techniques
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Strong knowledge of QE Processes, Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application testing, development and support
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies and Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (Robot Framework, SoapUI, Postman, Selenium, JMeter, UFT/Lean UFT/RestAssured/, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g.Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Devops Tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Docker, UCD etc, experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience working with various databases such as SQL Server, Oracle etc using SQL involving joins, conditions, aggregate clauses etc
Nice to have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, containerized, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.