Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Quality Assurance Programmers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175101
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Department / Business Area in Canada / Country / Region / globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What will you do?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Assess UAT projects to determine the risk of releasing the code into the current test environment, specifically the possible impact to multiple projects, the degree of overlap in the applications and the code itself, within extremely tight timeframes
- Prepare User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plans; test documentation (test functions, test cases, scripts), based upon risk analysis to ensure optimal use of testing time while adhering to UAT policies, standards and procedures
- Work with individual project teams, during the software development life cycle, to ensure business and technical requirements have been fulfilled; contribute recommendations and assessments to ongoing project reviews
- Develop application and process expertise within UAT; provide hands on training on systems, hardware, environment, product, standards, and methodology to other analysts as required
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of a broad range of assigned banking applications, UAT code configuration, system integration, environment resources and code delivery process; provide technical advice to development teams and external suppliers on integration of specific applications within the UAT environment
- Execute Test Automation Scripts, analyze the test logs and validate the test results. Should be able to make simple changes to the automated test cases.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferably in a Banking environment, working with ATM and POS simulators
- Previous experience/knowledge working with debit and credit cards
- Strong knowledge of SDLC – Waterfall and Agile. Experience working in waterfall and agile teams in a QA function
- Hands on experience working with JIRA, Confluence and HPALM
- Excellent communication skills to address all project related issues and conflicts within quality assurance testing cycle.
- Basic Coding experience on at least one scripting/programming language. Clear coding basics and ability to work with databases. Knowledge on SQL and ability to write simple to medium complexity Queries
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
Work conditions: Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.