Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (12 month contract)
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our IT Business Solutions team as a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst. Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager, IT Business Solutions you will be responsible for documenting and executing tests to ensure the delivery of software products.
If you have strong experience in software quality assurance and knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes, we would love to hear from you!
*Please note that this is a 12-month fixed term role.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in Software application design as part of the development team(s).
- Develop and document understandable and well-structured test cases based on requirements, technical documents and methodology being used.
- Execute tests of new or revised code. For example: system, integration, regression testing, etc.
- Running conversion programs to test upgrades from multiple versions of our software.
- Develop and execute test scripts/scenarios/plans and results to ensure our products work as designed for all end users.
- Effectively communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information regularly to project team and management.
- Consult with product development, business, and support teams to resolve problems.
- Identify and prepare necessary test data to support test cases and conditions.
- Identify, thoroughly document, and track defects found during testing.
- Collaborate with internal, project and cross functional teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary qualification in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of SQA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with the following types of testing: functional, integration, or regression testing.
- Experience in writing clear and concise test cases.
- Understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle), Waterfall, Agile and testing methodologies.
- Effective communication, analytical, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management, organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of SQL languages to support testing.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while operating independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of automation testing.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.