Senior QA Engineer, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Quality Assurance Programmers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175433
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to work within the ABM team in Scotia Digital, who will be responsible for leveraging testing methods and practices to analyze requirements/stories, design testing strategies and develop testing and automation solutions.
If you are an experienced quality engineer with a strong automated- testing mindset, keen interest in high efficiency, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you!
Is this role right for you?
- Conduct and adjust testing methods and practices to assess and evolve product
- Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans. Select appropriate test tools. Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
- In conjunction with the development team, decide where to build automated and manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests, and determine whether to create any complex environments or any major improvements for the automation frameworks.
- Write clear and concise defect reports and work as an empathetic advocate for the customer’s quality experience. Triage and prioritize defects for remediation, with the Product Owner and development team.
- Conduct exploratory testing to find bugs that other testing means would not find during every sprint and drive testing workshops.
- Wherever possible, conduct functional test and ensure their readability (clear, succinct, and using common business jargon) as well as tests must be maintainable (built with reusable domain specific testing language components)
- Expert knowledge in Automation frameworks, automating test scenarios. (Selenium, testNG, any one of behaviour driven development (BDD) or Test driven development (TDD frameworks like Cucumber), Maven)
- Working knowledge of data extraction, transformations and conversion testing and plan, strategize and execute End to End testing cycles
- Create and execute acceptance criteria based on requirements, assessing usefulness of test cases and adjusting approach where required
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Experienced in QA - 6+ years of experience in Functional & Automation
- Experience with Selenium-Java automation framework creation
- Experience with Testing automation Frameworks with : Cucumber, Eggplant, Selenium-Java, Eclipse/Intellij IDE, TestNG, Extent reports, selenium grid, Maven using BDD Framework
- Experience with CI/CD with Jenkins is good to have. Knowledge of version control tools like git / bitbucket is must.
- Good Knowledge of JIRA, confluence
- Experience in analyzing the testing scope and developing work estimates.
- Experience in creating Test Strategies/Test Plans.
- 3 + years working in a true Agile delivery model - BDD, Kanban, Scrum
- Testing experience within FI and Wealth Management
- Testing with API web services – (SOAP UI or Postman or something similar) is a plus
- Experience in developing SQL queries
- Experience working in Cloud applications
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.