Senior Project Manager – Highways
City : OTTAWA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Project Manager - Highways - ( 230004TV )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is hiring a Senior Project Manager - Highways to join our growing team. In this role, you will represent Stantec as a senior project manager on MTO highway projects, you will collaborate with a team of skilled engineers, designers and technicians, working to enhance Ontario's transportation infrastructure. You will provide mentorship and support to intermediate and junior team members, helping them to develop the skills and knowledge required to grow their careers. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial results.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support and help lead the growth of our highway and road design group
- Lead, plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects with high degree of technical complexity, typically in excess of $2 million and involving a large project staff
- Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently
- Establish client relations and support marketing efforts, including leading pursuits
- Lead schematic, design development and contract document preparation in conjunction with Project Managers, engineers, and other technical professionals across all applicable disciplines
- Coordinate staffing and workload through entire project development to meet milestone deadlines
- Manage the financial success of projects in conjunction with the Project staff, Project Accountant, Accounting Manager, and Department Manager
- Implement QA/QC procedures
- Support and execute training for personnel
- Supervise staff, as assigned, and support the growth and development of highway engineers, EITs, and designers
- Lead the detailed design activities for complex highway projects in compliance with the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) manuals, design standards, and guidelines
- Mentor and coach junior team members and participate in their professional growth and development plans
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive knowledge of Ministry of Transportation design practices and requirements, including application of design standards, CDED, and preparing contracts
- Eligible to be qualified in MTO RAQS under one or more of the Highway Engineering Detailed Design specialties
- Experience working in MTO Eastern Region
- Strong communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated business development, marketing, and strategic planning skills
- Familiarity with MS Office and MS Project
- Strong knowledge of highway design principles (alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity takeoff calculation, pavement marking, signage, and constructability)
- Experience in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, and InRoads/OpenRoads)
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in project management including management of MTO detail design assignments
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1636 Transpt-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 5, 2023, 2:35:30 PM
Req ID: 230004TV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans