Senior Project Manager #CSTech
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Risk IT Architecture team leads on multiple complex enterprise-wide initiatives such large regulatory and strategic programs, both in Canada and in the US. The group also guides IT Strategy for Corporate Systems and helps develop 5 year roadmaps. In this role you will be responsible for managing both strategy and architecture deliverables across a variety of programs and pillars
In addition, this position manages and facilitates Design Authorities, Architectural / Investment review boards, and Data Decision authorities. These forums, with both business and IT participation include executive level participants, and requires a professional approach to facilitation
These forums and deliverables provide invaluable interactions with senior IT and Business executives and are great learning opportunities for a growth minded individual
What will you do?
- Manage various forums for Design and Decisions for major initiatives across Corporate Systems, such as the CS ARB, Risk and Finance Data Decision Authority, and Design Authorities for large programs
- Manage the Athena Process for CS ARB, and work in close coordination with Enterprise Architecture
- Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Collaborate and contribute on cross-functional enterprise initiatives and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables.
- Establish strong working relationships across business units and platforms to build influence and impact with key business partners.
- Contribute to ongoing administrative program activities as required.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree coupled with change management experience in complex programs with high frequency of requests and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- A strong ability to facilitate understanding of technology and/or financial services industry.
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience in a matrix environment, such as a large, publicly-traded corporation
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
What’s in it for you?
Interacting with Senior Executives across IT and Business on some of the largest programs and initiatives across the bank provide excellent opportunities for learning and visibility
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.